This course explains what is expected of an internal communication (IC) professional and an appreciation of 'first principles' of IC. It explores the role of internal communication as part of the wider public relations environment and how it makes a positive contribution to any organisation.
Who should attend?
Anyone new, or relatively new, to the field of internal communication.
What to expect
- The day will include group work and lots of delegate input, sharing experiences as well as learning from the course trainer
- Case studies to exemplify good practice and highlight the skills required.
The course will cover the following:
- Understanding the purpose of good internal communications, where it sits, expectations and benefits
- How it fits in the wider communication landscape
- The various roles and responsibilities in internal communications and the necessary skills and attributes required
- The importance of identifying and engaging with all internal stakeholders
- Understanding internal communication tools and techniques
- The importance of data and measurement
- Information on further professional development