The course explains not only how to comply with the law on data protection in light of Brexit, but how (and why) to embody best practice in data protection in your organisation and for your clients.
Who should attend
Anyone responsible for handling data, no matter the size of the organisation.
What to expect
- What is data protection? Why does it matter?
- How do I navigate the GDPR, DPA, PECR, EIR, and FoIA?
- What should I do with my mailing lists, websites, social media, CRM systems, and other apps?
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- outline what data protection requires
- explain why it is important to people
- understand why best practice, rather than bare compliance, is best for your organisation
- comply with the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018
- follow PECR 2003 when sending out electronic communications
- comply with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Information Regulations 2004
- apply your learning to make immediate, practical improvements at work.